Re: [WriteLog] NAQP QTH Field

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>,"K7ZO (Scott Tuthill)" <k7zo@cableone.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] NAQP QTH Field
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@pobox.mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 22:42:35 -0800
Scott,

Start WL and open the Contest/Show multipliers... window.  Select the North
America mults view.  Now enter some dummy calls, VP5Z, VP9Z, etc., with only
an op name and without anything in the QTH field and watch the boxes in the
mult field fill in the correct country for the band you're working.  Also
look at the band column in the log as it increments each new mult worked,
even if there is no info in the QTH field.  Now switch the mult window view
to States and Provinces and enter some dummy US or VE calls.  Note that if
you leave the QTH field blank for them they do not count as a mult in any
box, the M column gets a ? and the band column doesn't  increment the mult
count.  Thus QTH info is only needed for US/VE stations.  Even though VP5,
VP9, etc., are NA stations, you only need to fill in op name, as for a DX
station, and not the full country prefix in the QTH field.

Gary AL9A