[WriteLog] New User RTTY Problems

Subject: [WriteLog] New User RTTY Problems
From: "Barry Murrell" <zs2ez@axxess.co.za>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:04:36 +0200
Hi All

I am brand new to Writelog (bought last week) and am having a major problem
with RTTY, using the MMTTY Plugin.

During this past weekend I set up Writelog for use in the SARTG RTTY
Contest.Everything looked 100%, and it worked fine into the dummy load on
Friday night. On Saturday morning I gave my first call, and the FFT display
immediately changed from the usual "mountain" in the middle of the display
to a line across the middle of the display (right across) and the word
"overflow" in the top right. I shut down and restarted the program, and it
came right. I transmitted again, and the same thing happened again.

I have been experimenting with different settings since, but get the same
problem every time. Strangely though MMTTY (free standing) works 100%, as
does N1MM Logger with the MMTTY engine. MixW and WinWarbler also work
perfectly.

Can anyone offer any advice as to how to solve this?

Station setup: PC is a 2.4GHz Celeron with 512Mb RAM, running WinXP Pro.
Soundcard is Soundblaster Audigy Live, Interface is homebrew opto-isolated
with PTT and FSK through COM port, radio is Kenwood TS-870S.

73 de Barry ZS2EZ
(EX ZR2DX / ZR6DXB)
KF26TA - Port Elizabeth,South Africa
Member : PEARS, SARL, ARRL, SA AMSAT