Re: [WriteLog] SSB Message Syntax

To: "Writelog reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SSB Message Syntax
From: "Garry Shapiro" <garry@ni6t.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:04:42 -0700
NS3T wrote:

You indicate that you are using %3 for your numbers, which means Writelog
will look for 001.wav for
serial number one and so on.  Make sure you have saved your wav files like
that.  %3 works for 001-999, so don't make more than a thousand Q's, or you
are in trouble!  I use %4 for serial numbers and
the %5 for recorded repeats.

Jamie, one can use just the"%" character for the numbers. Here is my F2
entry for last year's SS Phone contest:

<number.wav><space.wav>%<msg10.wav>

I had 1176 Q's in that contest. I just opened the WL log, typed in my
boyhood callsign, hit INSERT and it gave a perfect exchange for #1177.

Garry, NI6T