[WriteLog] Rig Interfacing

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Rig Interfacing
From: "Kavon's mail" <kavonr@igiles.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 13:03:33 -0500
I've spent about 3 hours reading old messages and trying things but no joy.  I
can't get rig control to work in WL.  It works with DX Commander and other
software so I know it's WL settings that are at issue.

Using CI-V interface on a USB to COM adapter.  Port settings in control panel -
system - device driver:  COM5 9600,n,8,2
Radio is 706-MKIIg with CI-V address set to 58H, CI-V baud set to AUTO, CI-V
TRAN set to ON, CI-V 731 set to OFF
WriteLog version 10.61E
writelog.ini (in the windows directory) has the following manual changes:
    [Ports]
    CommSlot3=5
    CommSlot4=6
    [Rigs]
    Icom IC-706=0x58
    COM5:=9600,n,8,2
WL SETUP PORTS
    COM5,CW Radio button is NOT selected, Rig Type Icom IC-706, BAUD 9600, POLL
is checked, Comm PTT = YES
    There are 2 radio buttons below LPT3 (1 in CW and 1 in DVK column) that are
selected and can't be changed.
WL BANDS, SET Frequency&Mode
    Rig on COMM5 is selected

The DX Commander software that works has the following config settings:

Radio:IC-706-MKIIG
Continuous freq and mode interrogation every 200 ms
58 CI-V address hexadecimal
Com5 9600,n,8,2
DTR always OFF
RTS always ON
(And NO, I'm not trying to run both control programs at the same time)

Suqquestion?  Thanks
Ron
KG4NOZ