[WriteLog] WL Dupe Check & Super Check Partial Enhancement Request

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL Dupe Check & Super Check Partial Enhancement Request
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 13:02:51 -0700
My Tendonitis has heightened my awareness of opportunities to further enhance
WL for less-keystroke contesting efficiency.

I believe the following enhancement would be of benefit to every WL user (some
more, some less).

If SCP window function can be tweaked with a line of code or two to enable
callsigns to display by only typing the 1-0 number in the callsign (and sorted
alphabetically in 1-0 numeric ID sequence), this would be terrific.  The
current functionality should also remain intact for use as well.

Here's how it would work (here...dedicating one Ten Button block of X-KEYS for
use - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0):

If I hear K7SS, all I do is push ONE (X-Keys) BUTTON that automatically enters
"7" in the callsign window (displaying a Green or Red K7SS), and then
automatically wipes the callsign field blank.

Considering the number of times during a lengthy contest that at least 2 or
more digits have to be entered into the callsign field for SCP callsigns to
show (when you're pretty sure you worked that station but need to
double-check), and then an ALT + K action done to wipe it clean if the station
is a dupe, the total contest individual keystroke savings potential is very
great.  Once the QSO rate is high and your brain is fuzzy about who you worked
or not, I see this as a real time-saver.

If the checked call is a new one OK to work, only 1 keystroke has been
sacrificed.

Thank you very much, (Wayne)!

73...

Rick, K6VVA