[WriteLog] Writelog 10.61 Point & Shoot Problems

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog 10.61 Point & Shoot Problems
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 14:23:58 -0800
I noticed two problems with Writelog Point & Shoot during SS and am eager to
find solutions. When I double-click a call in either bandmap, it not only
loads the call in the QSO window and sets the appropriate rig frequency but
also ...

   - on the FT-1000MP it clears and turns off RIT ("CLAR"). Clearing is
   appropriate for this function, but turning it off requires that I later
   (remember to) press a button to get it back, very bad. On a PIEXX-equipped
   TS-930, it does just the opposite, leaving RIT ON and leaving the shift
   alone, requiring that I (remember to) press a button to clear RIT before
   expecting to find the spotted station.
   - on either rig, it moves the keyboard and transmit focus to the QSO
   window of the rig associated with the bandmap. With one radio, this is
   irrelevant. The purpose of these focii is precisely to support SO2R. My
   primary use of Point & Shoot in SO2R is to move the S&P radio in advance of
   calling. I want the focii to remain wherever I have them set, usually on the
   Run radio, until I'm good and ready to pounce.

Is anyone familiar with these behaviors and able to give me some advice?

Thanks & 73,

/Rick N6XI

--
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."