Re: [WriteLog] SO2R DVK: MIC audio routing not obeying TransmitFocus

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R DVK: MIC audio routing not obeying TransmitFocus
From: "David Hachadorian" <k6ll@adelphia.net>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 15:08:11 -0000
From: "Grant Kesselring" <kesselg@us.ibm.com>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2006 5:39 AM
Subject: [WriteLog] SO2R DVK: MIC audio routing not obeying
Transmit Focus

> This leads me to believe that even when using my mic (not
> playing function
> key messages) that the sound card should put audio out
> over the correct
> channels (left or right) depending on transmit focus
> within WL.

You are correct. Mic audio should go to the active radio.

Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray. Left-click
"open volume control." You should be able to see the balance
slider on the master volume playback control shift
left/right, depending on which radio is active. If the
slider is sliding, you probably have a cabling/connector
problem. Also, make sure you click WL/tools/soundboard
options/echo microphone.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ

.