Re: [WriteLog] Wave file problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Wave file problems
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 18:16:05 -0800
Mike, K4GMH, iinquired:

> During SS SSB as a M/S, we had a couple of problems with V 10.61E.

> This delay kept us from using wave
> files.  Any ideas on how to eliminate this delay in transmitting wave files?

1. Did you have this same problem with an earlier version of WL?  If not, that
might be a clue.

2. How long since you've done a full DEFRAG of your hard drive?  If not for a
while, do it NOW and try things again :-)

3. By chance, were you also trying to record the contest via WL on the same
computer? If so, this could have caused you delays in playing .wav files.

4. If you want to play .wav files "chained" together (i.e., you push F2 then F3
then F4 and want things to flow smoooooothly, be sure and remember to leave one
"space" after the <something.wav> you put in each WL message slot.

Hope the above may be of help.

73...

Rick, K6VVA