[WriteLog] WL CW operation problems

To: "WL posting" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WL CW operation problems
From: "." <ve2lx@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:49:20 -0500
hello to members
I worked in CW in the pass few times but so many times for an unknown reason it
does'nt work properly,no TX.
Reception all ok.

Problem
Rigblaster box operate ON/OFF on computer start or WL software start but NO
transmission or print in CW  mode NO  PTTT......?

All my wires are well hookup.
No problem to work RTTY but when I transfer to CW or start with WL so many
times I had problems.

1...Is there commands WRITELOG.INI file that must be writen where we can force
CW with DTR and RTTY with TXD...?
2...must we keep (separatly) DTR for CW and TXD for RTTY
Because I think I seen in the pass in the writelog pdf format help or manual CW
(must) be DTR and RTTY (must) be TXD )))...is that correct...?

Installation
I use ICOM PRO3 radio
Rigblaster plus including fsk cable for the pro3 fsk pin 1 on acc 1 plug
WindowsXP PRO on a 3.2 INTEL
With an additionnal com port card (com 3 and 4 ) because computer was sold with
only 1 com port on the main board as usual.
CAT ct-17 ICOM interface.
I use MMTTY software + the MMTTY/writelog special file.

CW configurations RTTrite section
com port...no4
mode ...CW
sound board TU type...AFSK
In MMTTY config page previouly configured as this......(sound + com txd + fsk)

Com no 1, I use it in WL for frequency and band reading only via the ct-17 ( no
transmit )
RTTY and CW transmission (I do not input any configurations in that main com
port configuration page section but instead I do it in the RTTRITE
configuration page as mentionned in the manual.
CW keyer type (section) main configuration page must we choose ( PC generates )?
RTTY I do not use it ( PC generates ) and it works properly?
Main port configuration page, Is the vertical CW configuration (colom) builted
only for external units or keyer unit but not (for CW mode made by writelog via
computer)...?

Wishing to ear from WL group soon
Gilles   ve2lx