Re: [WriteLog] CW Keying Hanging

To: "Brian Miller" <brianmiller@paradise.net.nz>,"Bob LaFont" <bob.lafont@gmail.com>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW Keying Hanging
From: "Rob" <k6rb@baymoon.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 07:16:25 -0800
I would occassionally have CW stutter with WriteLog and Windows 98 machines.
The cure was to go in and take out all "start up" programs other than the
two that were crucial to Windows. You can do this by going to "msconfig" and
unchecking all programs in the start up except for the two (systray and
something else). It turns out that innocuous start up programs that may
require the CPU to do infrequent subroutines would take priority over code
generation and cause all kinds of mayhem. Since upgrading the machine to XP,
I have not had the problem at all.

Rob K6RB