[WriteLog] ptt enabled all the time

To: "WL" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ptt enabled all the time
From: "peter Jackson" <peter.jackson17@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 22:09:42 -0000
Hi thanks for taking the time to read this. I have had WL working fine with my
new computer, I worked the OK contest with no problems. Today I set-up ready
for the HNY contest on Monday and I found that the PORTS set-up had no rigs
selected. So I selected rig etc as before but I now find that the ptt is on all
the time, as if the rts line is high. I think I have had this one before but
darned if I can remember how I overcame it. I key the IC756pro111 on fsk
through the only serial port and use a usb to serial converter for rig control
and ptt on the same port selecting SYNC. I have read somewhere that you cannot
do this with Icom but I have always found it works ok. Rig control as far as
frequency change is working fine just the ptt. Even if I select NO ptt it still
keeps the rig on TX. BTW I have to select IC756 for rig control to work. Is it
possible that something has changed in the INI file? Would appreciate any help
I would hate to miss the contest, thanks in advance.
73 and HNY Pete G3KNU