[RTTY] Unclaimed QSOs were deleted from Cabrillo file

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Unclaimed QSOs were deleted from Cabrillo file
From: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:31:58 -0500
After the UK-DX RTTY contest was over I noticed a couple of blank
serial nr spaces in my WriteLog log, so thought I would "unclaim"
them to simplify the contest committee's log check process and to
avoid any penalty to me for reporting a bad exchange.

After WL created the Cabrillo file, I discovered they had been
completely removed!!!

Whazzup with that? Those two stations I worked don't deserve any NIL
penalty just because I screwed up logging the exchange! And I don'
t(?) deserve a penalty either.

I went back and "claimed" them and submitted a Cabrillo that has them
listed (with blanks).

It seems to me there should be a way to deal with this situation
within the WL Cabrillo file so that the contest robot can see that I
am reporting that the Qs took place, but I am not claiming them for my credit.

Do other contesting programs handle this differently?

Please FWD this to a Cabrillo reflector, if it exists.

Jerry W4UK