Re: [WriteLog] USB Ports

To: "'Geoff Valentine'" <sparksatsea@dsl.pipex.com>,<WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] USB Ports
From: "Ric Plummer" <ricp@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 11:57:01 -0500
Geoff
I have had good success with Edgeport USB to serial boxes.
Sometimes available on eBay, but pricy new.
I am sure there are others that work and others can comment.
I would ask why use two serial ports.
You can use the same one for rig control and CW keying
and for that matter PTT if you need it.
A second one of ocurse if you want to do FSK RTTY, but I think Wayne
was looking at some others ways to do this also.
So, USB doesn't have to be a real hurdle, just another bump in the Microsoft
road
Ric KV1W