[WriteLog] FT-1000 "No Rig"

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] FT-1000 "No Rig"
From: halken@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:57:40 +0000
Typical DXpedition - Fire up against an unknown radio and sure enough it
doesn't work - Every time, every year!

Trying to set up with an FT-1000 and I get "no rig."  I do actually see some
rig control attempt to start up and then the rig is immediately lost.  OS is
WIN2K.  Ports setting is set to FT-1000, have tried 4800 and auto baud - no
luck.   Running on COM1.  The radio will talk to other programs and computers
so its okay - just a configuration mismatch of some kind.

I think I read somewhere that the FT-1000 prefers 2 stops bits but can't find
it in the achives.

All help appreciated,
Hal
HP1/N4GG