[WriteLog] TS-870 integration issues

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] TS-870 integration issues
From: halken@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 02:49:31 +0000
Got the 1000 working, the next radio down the bench is an 870 - here we go
again.  I had very detailed instruction for the 870 , but also wind up with
only partial integration.

With ports set to either Kenwood or Kenwood 850, and menus in the 870 set to
9600, 1, comm.rate  I get the "no rig" result, but I can comand the radio.  If
I type in a freq and hit enter the radio will follow the computers command, but
for the computer isnot reading the radio - tuning the radio does not make the
bandmap move and "no rig" stays on.

More help is greatly appreciated.

Hal
HP1/N4GG