Re: [WriteLog] Another documenation casualty command

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Another documenation casualty command
From: "Charles Morrison" <cfmorris@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 18:49:31 -0600
> Date: Tue,  6 Mar 2007 12:19:11 -0500 (EST)
> From: Eric Rosenberg <wd3q@starpower.net>
> Subject: [WriteLog]  Another documenation casualty command
> To: writelog@contesting.com
>
> The split command is great, but I offer two caveats:
>
> 1.  The split only changes the frequency. It doesn't set the
> mode or any other parameter on my Orion. I was initially
> burned as I hadn't been using the "B" vfo and it was not set
> up. AARGH!
>
> 2. There is no equivalent I've found to claer or reset the
> split. Got burned again while S+Ping and forgot that the "B"
> vfo had control of the TX freq!
>
> --> Is there a keystroke to reset the radio?
>
> FWIW, thanks to the wizardry of NS3T, I've re-mapped most of
> the keystrokes to the keyboard (using WL's very powerful
> keyboard shortcuts tool), labeled the keycaps with (3/8")
> P-Touch labels and have an A/B switch for my contesting and
> conventional keyboards.
>
> Works fabulously (thanks, Jamie).

Eric, just hit the minus key again and don't enter a frequency then press
enter, it turns off the split.

To followup on your other post, I havent had any problems using the built-in
AC97 soundchips built onto the two motherboards at the station.  Now, I wish
I'd have the Heil headsets wired to make the recordings, but didn't do that.
I have a computer microphone plugged into the Mic jack and slung over the
desk.  Pick it up and make a recording on the fly for SSB.

Charlie
Ki5xp