Re: [WriteLog] SOUND CARD WITH DELL LAPTOP

To: "'Robert Lutz'" <w2bzr@verizon.net>,"'WRITELOG REFLECTOR'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SOUND CARD WITH DELL LAPTOP
From: "Scot Herrick" <scot@k9jy.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 20:47:06 -0800
Bob,

I went through this process a few months ago, got good responses, and then
failed to post on the reflector as I promised...

Turtle Beach Audio Advantage Roadie: this one scores a 7f using the Line In,
Stereo Mic in, and Out. (There is one more input and using it for In drops
the score...). CompUSA carries them. I used this on at TI5N and works just
fine.

ByteRunner UA-580: I also bought this one and it works fine as well with a
7f.

I find both of them much quieter than the internal sound card as well; to be
expected from being away from the laptop internal hash.

Scot, K9JY

Scot Herrick, K9JY
See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
K9JY Radio Blog:
http://K9JY.com/blog