Re: [WriteLog] Steady Carrier, No Diddle

To: "'Don Hill AA5AU'" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>,"Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Steady Carrier, No Diddle
From: "Bob Lafont" <bob.lafont@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:28:54 -0500
Thank you to a number of you replying with helpful suggestions as to what my
problem might be.

So far, I have proven that my radio is responding properly by grounding the
FSK input to ground. The tone shifts when grounded.

It looks now that either the transistor in the interface cable is bad or the
computer Com1 port is not working properly, which I doubt.

I will take a look at the transistor tomorrow and let you know what I find.

Again, thank you to Don/AA5AU, Ed/K4SB and Mac/N0OB for your suggestions.
All helpful.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO