Re: [WriteLog] anybody using Vista yet

To: <writelog@contesting.com>,"Michael J. Donohue" <mdonohue@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] anybody using Vista yet
From: "Mike K9MI" <mike@k9mi.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 02:48:48 -0000
I'm using Vista on a laptop I just purchased. I hate those pads in place of
a real mouse! I'm going to have to get one for it. I'm not planning on
making it a radio pc since this XP machine has 8 serial and 2 lpt ports.
That's what scares me if I ever have to go to the laptop (ok, notebook) as
my radio computer. Writelog seems to work fine in Vista, but that was just
installing the program (WriteLog) and a demo at the radio club tonight as we
always use 3 networked pc's at Field Day. I've seen some really high
interfaces that use USB and it scares me. I'm going to ride old faithful
here until I can't fix her. It's an AMD XP 1700 that my son bought me one
year for Christmas. He bought a case and put the motherboard and memory in,
I just had to put my drives in. Outside of total meltdown, I can usually fix
it myself. GL with Vista, and I guess I'm at least semi prepared when I have
to use it with radio hardware.

73, Mike K9MI