Re: [WriteLog] Serial port problem

To: Robert Redmon <k5sm@attwb.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Serial port problem
From: "Mike McCarthy, W1NR" <lists@w1nr.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 13:06:20 -0400
Robert Redmon wrote:
> This is not really a Writelog issue, but related.  I am trying to get MMTTY
> to key FSK on the TXD line of the same serial port I am using for PTT.  When
> I attempt to select the Com TXD option on the MISC menu, the computer
> crashes and restarts. Any ideas?
>
> Bob K5SM

It works fine for me.  Try the following:

1. Turn off CW PTT and keying in Writelog if that is set to the same
port you are using for RTTY.  Usually it complains that the port is in use.

2. Try it with the interface disconnected from the port.  I found that
older IBM Thinkpads are prone to crashing with 4N33 opto isolators attached.

3. If a non-standard port like a PCI adapter card, be sure to get the
latest drivers.

All I can think of right now.  You might have a legitimate hardware
problem too!

Mike, W1NR