Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, microKeyer and IC706MK2

To: "'KC4HW'" <jimjohnson@alaweb.com>,"'WRITELOG REFLECTOR'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog, microKeyer and IC706MK2
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 22:40:25 -0400
Jim,

Do you have the correct CI-V address set in WriteLog and the
IC-706mkII?  If I recall correctly (and I'm not an Icom user)
you will need to set an address override for the IC-706mkII
if you are using the stock IC-706 driver.

The IC-706 uses CI-V address 48h
The IC-706mkII uses CI-V address 4Eh
The IC-706mkIIg uses CI-V address 58h

Since microHAM Router is displaying the correct frequency, I
assume you have not set a custom address in the IC-706mkII.

If you look at the "INI File Options" section of the Writelog
help file the [RIGS] section says:

> The following entries override WriteLog's default setting for the
> Icom rig address for the various Icom rigs. All rigs that have Icom
> rig addresses have corresponding entries in WriteLog.ini here under
> the name that matches the name in the Setup Ports dialog including
> space characters!
>
> Icom IC-781=0x33
> Icom IC-756PRO=0x12

Thus for your IC-706mkIIg you would need to add the following line
to the [RIGS] section of your "writelog.ini" file:

Icom IC-706=0x4E

As always, check the manual/help file first.

By the way ...

> In Writelog I have
>
> Com2=commPTT
> Com4=IC706, 9600, poll marked, and PTT=no

Do not use CommPTT (software PTT) with microKEYER.  Set Writelog
to use PTT on the CW port.  Writelog will command the Wikey IC
to generate PTT.  See:

  http://www.microham.com/Downloads/MK_WriteLog_Setup.pdf
  http://www.microham.com/Downloads/MK_WriteLog_no_WinKey_Setup.pdf

73,