Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11

To: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@inreach.com>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog Digest, Vol 53, Issue 11
From: "Jim" <jdunbar28@mchsi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 05:26:52 -0500
Alan,

I have had the same problems in the past with the LPT1 port drivers.

I use Windows XP, and I have used both UserPort and DLPortIO and had only
partial success.

However, when I discovered another LPT1 driver package, which is named
"Direct IO", I installed this package and have had no problems.

So, I would obtain a trial version of Direct IO and download it to your
machine. You can uninstall UserPort or uninstall DLPortIO depending on which
program you are currently using.

When you install Direct IO you have to specify the LPT1 port range from
378-37B in Hex and then go into the security tab and put a path to the
executable file. Once you do this you can then see the LPT1 become active.

I think the trial of Direct IO is either two weeks or a month and then you
will have to purchase a licensed version for very little money.

Thanks,

Jim
K4PV