[WriteLog] Mixed Mode Message Mix-Up

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mixed Mode Message Mix-Up
From: "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:31:37 -0400
Maybe this is a problem that's specific to my computer - maybe
it isn't, but I wanted to run this by other users to see if anyone
has the same issues, or can reproduce them.

This past weekend in the IARU, I operated in mixed mode, with
full SO2R, so I could have one radio on CW, one on SSB or both
in the same mode.

With both rigs in CW or both in SSB, everything worked fine.
The auto-cq feature works perfectly while S&P'ing on the second
radio.  When the run radio was on SSB and I was searching in
CW, everything was fine too.

But, when I was CQ'ing in CW and then trying to work a
station in phone on the second radio, things did not work right.
Every time that I hit the F4 button to send my NS3T.wav file,
the second radio would key for a split second, but then shut off
as the auto-cq started again on the run radio.

The only way I could get it to work was to hit an f-key twice
(very quickly) to fire an SSB wav file.  That became old rather
fast.  It didn't matter which radio was running, the CQ in CW
and S&P in SSB had issues that caused trouble.

Any ideas are welcome either on the list or direct.

73 Jamie NS3T
http://www.radio-sport.net
Your home for ham radio contest news