[WriteLog] Signal Link USB DVK

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Signal Link USB DVK
From: "steve" <kw3a@snip.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 18:45:36 -0400
    I'm trying to set up DVK using a Signal Link USB interface.   This
interface has a built in sound card, connects to the pc via  a usb port, and
to the rig (TS-2000) via 13 pin acc2 rear jack.

With nothing else connected between rig and pc, it works fine:  Press an "f"
key, the  relay in the interface clicks, microphone mutes, rig goes into tx
and .wav file is transmitted.   All is as it should be and verified by
listening on a second receiver.

However if I connect a serial cable between  com 1 and the rig, things  go
south.    The comm port takes over ptt, the mic is activated and the only
thing transmitted is shack noise.  I've poked around in the Writelog
setup/ports menu, but  the only thing that works is unplugging the serial
rig control cable.

Any suggestions are most welcome.

73, Steve KW3A