Re: [WriteLog] Signal Link USB DVK

To: "'Jamie Dupree NS3T'" <ns3t@arrl.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Signal Link USB DVK
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 22:37:57 -0400
Disable PTT in WriteLog when using the Signal Link USB.

Signal Link generates its own PTT using an internal "VOX" and that
PTT must be applied to pin 9 of the ACC2 jack.  PTT on pin 9 will
mute the microphone jack and enable input on pin 11 of ACC2.  If
If the normal PTT (pin 13 of ACC2 or the Mic connector) or PTT by
serial command (CommPTT) is used, the ACC2 input will be disabled
and the microphone jack will be "hot."

This applies to all Kenwood radios with the 13 pin ACC2.

73,

   ... Joe Subich, W4TV
       microHAM America
       http://www.microHAM-USA.com