Re: [WriteLog] Soundcards for Writelog RTTY/SSB

To: "'Ted Boerkamp'" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Soundcards for Writelog RTTY/SSB
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 23:23:29 -0400
Ted,

> Has anyone used a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy SE (PCI
> version)??? Does it score 7F with the soundcard checking
> program??

The SoundBlaster Audigy SE most certainly does not score 7f -
among other problems it has only a single analog input jack.  It
may be used for either mic or line but requires swapping cables
to go from voice to digital operation and prevents recording the
contest if that is important to you.

I am not aware of any of the current crop of SoundBlaster cards
that score 7f.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV