Re: [WriteLog] Laptop and writelog and IC706

To: <Irwindarack@comcast.net>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Laptop and writelog and IC706
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:11:54 -0400
If your radio is an IC-706MKII or IC-706 MKIIG you will need to
either enter an override for the CI-V address in Writelog.ini
(See the help file under [RIGS]) or change the CI-V address in
your rig to that of the original IC-706 (48h).

Unless you enter an override, WriteLog uses the CI-V address of
the original IC-706 when you select the IC-706 as the rig type.
The 706mkII and 706mkIIG require their own address 4E for the
706mkII or 58 for the 706mkIIG - they will not respond unless
their address matches the one the software is using.  Again,
everything you need to know is in the Writelog help file and
your radio's operating manual.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV