Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - DIGI Keyer - IC7800

To: Jon Suehiro <nn5t@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] WriteLog - DIGI Keyer - IC7800
From: Barry <w2up3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 11:24:15 +0000
Jon,
I"m not familiar with the Digi Keyer, but I have a similar setup and
problem.
I also replaced a 1000D with a 7800.  Everything works fine in CW and
RTTY, however the PTT doesn't work in SSB and remains key down when I
activate it.

I sent an Email to K5DJ, but no response.

One thing - I believe the serial params should be 8N1.  Only Yaesu uses
2 stop bits.
Let me know if you come up with anything.
73,
Barry

Jon Suehiro wrote:
> This week, I replaced my long time favor FT1000D with IC7800 in the main rig
> position.
>
> --- Same PC with XP Pro, WriteLog latest version, DIGI Keyer with latest
> microHAM USB Device Router 5.0.1, and less than 1 week old IC7800 ---
>
> Actually I received DB15-IC7800 cable for microHam to replace the original
> cable for FT1000, nothing else is changed.
>
> WriteLog PORTS are
>
>               WL                                              DIGI Keyer (CAT
> level jumpers set to RS-232)
>
> CommSlot1=4   No Rig                                          PTT: RTS
> CommSlot2=5   Icom IC-7800 9600 Poll x Comm PTT YES   Radio 9600 8N2
> CommSlot3=6   CW (No Rig)                                     CW: DTR
> CommSlot4=7   No Rig                                          FSK: x PTT
>               x All mode PTT on CW port RTS
>
> IC7800        CI-V Baud Rate          Auto
>       CI-V Address            6Ah
>       CI-V Transceive         ON
>       RS-232C Function        CI-V
>       Decode Baud Rate        9600
>
> Frequency / Mode are talking to the radio from WriteLog.
>
> I can test DIGI Keyer PTT OK through Device Router (DIGI Keyer panel LED PTT
> ON and IC7800 on TX).
>
> ISSUE is --- On FSK, the radio PTT is actually keyed from WriteLog with
> MMTTY but WriteLog DVK (sound board) does not key the IC7800 PTT on SSB
> (DIGI Keyer panel LED PTT stays OFF).
>
> At the same condition, FT1000D is keyed when DVK is activated through the
> function keys.   I used old COM port setup with FT847 on COM1, PTT is keyed
> OK.

> Smells like some how the issue is within WL but I was unable to find any
> hint in regard to PTT matter on SSB.   Of course the wave file audio output
> will be transmitted if I keyed the PTT manually from either front panel
> TRANSMIT or external PTT through ACC jack (or turn on VOX).
>
> Any advise why remote PTT is not working ?
>
> Thanks de NN5T Jon Suehiro

Barry Kutner, W2UP             Newtown, PA