[WriteLog] wav playback problem

To: "Writelog Reflector" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] wav playback problem
From: "Gary Senesac AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 22:24:23 -0900
Well, this has me thoroughly stumped!  About three hours from the end of SS
and my F key audio wav files stopped playing.  That is, they stopped playing
if I pressed any F key.  However, if I hit Enter the CQ message played
normally.  If I hit Insert it sent the exchange properly.  After the
exchange was sent hitting Enter placed the call into the log and sent my qrz
message.  In short all the wav files were still there and worked properly as
long as I did not try to activate them with by pressing an F key.  I did
notice that if I pressed an F key multiple times a weird little crescent
wrench icon with a nearby plus sign appeared and moved around with the
mouse.  If I left clicked the mouse it went away.  I seem to remember this
being mentioned before on previous posts, but can't remember what the little
wrench icon indicates or if it may be related to my suddenly dead F key
audio files.  Anyone have a clue?

Gary AL9A