Re: [WriteLog] Writelog intermittently reads the wrong frequencyfromradi

To: "'wa5zup'" <wa5zup@msn.com>,"'Writelog '" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog intermittently reads the wrong frequencyfromradio
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 22:12:03 -0500
Hi John,

I think you will find it is a polling issue with the something in set-up. I
don't have a SteppIR (Yet!) but with the router s/w, WriteLog and the Icom
Pro, mine works flawlessly at 9600 baud. Not sure what I messed up at the
time so will list my settings.

Set-up here is:
Router - disable router queries
WriteLog - set to poll
Icom Pro - CI-V transceiver set to OFF

I also use a microHAM band decoder and with it the only poll option is
unchecked as I use the ACC data. If memory serves me correctly the rest of
the band decoder settings do not matter unless you have an Icom amplifier.

You may already know this, but for those who missed it in the mH set-up
manual - do NOT use auto anything - with an Icom rig or with the any Icom
rig software. Always choose a baud rate and address.

If your wondering, the only reason I dropped back to 9600 was because of
some programming software I was experimenting with. With that s/w the 19k2
baud is not a menu option so I went with the lower rate to keep all
programmes happy.

The only lock-up problems I have ever had, was not a W/L or mH issue. One
was found to be a hardware serial port card by LavaSoft, (used for my rotor
control).  A new driver downloaded from the company fixed that. The other
was as lazy power supply which could not provide enough 'juice' when the CPU
load went up.

73 Eric - VE3GSI