Re: [WriteLog] SO2R - switch focus between radios

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] SO2R - switch focus between radios
From: "Bob Raker" <bob.raker@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 19:00:26 -0500
We found the problem - it's not the software but my hardware
implementation.  I was using the LPT PTT line and switching between radios
according to the A/B line.  Thanks to Byron for his help.

It looks like I can either use software PTT over the radios' serial ports (I
have Kenwood & Yaesu radios) or build an interface and use the RTS lines -
any pros or cons for either approach?

TU
Bob W0BR