Re: [WriteLog] Writelog MFC Application error

To: "VE7KPB" <ve7kpb@shaw.ca>, <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog MFC Application error
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:29:03 -0900
Ken,
I just installed WL 10.64D on a new Dell laptop running Vista and am not
experiencing your problem on starting WL.  The first time I started it the
list of previous logs was empty and I tried using the Browse button to
navigate to the new path where my previous contest files now reside.  For
some reason WL didn't accept a previous old log (may be something I did) so
I started a new log and it works fine.  I'm now struggling to go through all
the setup stuff, but my comm ports seem to work as do all the windows I've
tried so far.

How did you install 10.64D?  That is an upgrade version.  You should have a
full install of a previous version before the 10.64D upgrade will work.  In
anticipation of getting a new computer I purchased a full install of 10.63H
a few months ago and installed that version in Vista first before doing the
10.64D upgrade patch.

Now to figure out my newest problem - RF in the radio transmit that was not
there before the new computer arrived.  Just discovered the problem this
evening so haven't started trouble shooting it yet.  Not sure if it's the
computer, a new docking station, a new USB to Serial adaptor box or what.
The fun just never stops!
73,
Gary AL9A