Re: [WriteLog] UKDK Contest

To: "'Steve AI9T'" <steve@ai9t.com>,"'WriteLog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] UKDK Contest
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:49:39 -0600
Something fishy is going on with this module or with WriteLog.

I just did a complete new install with WL 10.64B and upgraded to 10.65C on my
laptop.  I am experiencing this same problem that
Steve AI9T is experiencing with the UKDX module on the laptop with Windows XP
Media Edition.

The UKDX.dll module in my main shack PC running XP Pro works (with some minor
quirks) running WL 10.65C upgrade also.

The module that works says it was created on January 19, 2008 and it is says
it's version 1.0.0.4.  It shows at 65,536 bytes.
The module that doesn't work on the laptop says it was created on January 21,
2008 and also version 1.0.0.4.  It also shows at
65,536 bytes.

They appear to be the same module despite the difference in the date created.

I took the module that works on my main PC and put it on my laptop and it
doesn't work.
I took the module that doesn't work on my laptop and put it on my main PC and
it works.

Both PC's are running the same WL 10.65C upgrade (the one released to beta
testers).  The only thing not in common is the operating
system.

Besides all this, the UKDX module on my Win98se machine (same 1.0.0.4) running
the same WL 10.65C upgrade also works.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com