Re: [WriteLog] F12 Key?

To: "Eric Rosenberg" <wd3q@starpower.net>, "Jamie Dupree NS3T" <ns3t@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] F12 Key?
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:47:53 -0900
I'm not sure if it's possible to do what you are trying to do - use F12 for
CW or SSB messages, but you can experiment.

Go to Tools/Keyboard Shortcuts...
Scroll down the list of keys until you see "F12 -->EntryReturnTo0KHz".  This
is the current action programmed for F12.
Click on the F12 row and look at the "Add shortcut" area at the bottom of
the window.  The Shortcut Keystroke: box is now filled in with F12 and the
Command to run: box says EntryReturnTo0KHz.
Click the drop box arrow to open a list of available commands.  Scroll down
the drop box list until you reach the Message02 line.  Note that the message
buffers only go up through Message11.  There is no Message12.

All the other Message possibilities also only go to the F11 or ShiftF11 key.
All these Message commands are already in use by other F keys.  I'm not sure
if a conflict would result if you assigned the same Message command to two
different F keys, but what would be the point?  You would not gain the extra
message buffer you are seeking.

You can gain 10 extra SSB message buffers by using the MessageShiftPh02
through MessageShiftPh11 commands.  I have assigned these commands to the
number keys 1 thru 0 by combining them with the Alt key using the following
convention:

Alt+1 --> MessageShiftPh11
Alt+2 --> MessageShiftPh2
Alt+3 --> MessageShiftPh3
Alt+4 --> MessageShiftPh4
Alt+5 --> MessageShiftPh5
Alt+6 --> MessageShiftPh6
Alt+7 --> MessageShiftPh7
Alt+8 --> MessageShiftPh8
Alt+9 --> MessageShiftPh9
Alt+0 --> MessageShiftPh10

To use these Alt+Number message buffers save your recorded wav files as
msg12.wav thru msg21.wav, the messages on the Shifted SSB buffers area.
Pressing Alt+2 will then play msg12.wav, Alt+3 will play msg13.wav, etc.
Mentally add 10 to the number key being pressed to remember which msg wav
file is tied to that key.  Unfortunately this doesn't open up any more CW
buffer possibilities that I can see.

73,
Gary AL9A