[WriteLog] disregard pk 232 post

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: [WriteLog] disregard pk 232 post
From: kenny coen <ab8xg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 21:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hi again everyone. Please disregard my previous post abt interfacing the pk 232
to write log. While digging through the archive files looking for pk232 posts I
happend to stumble onto AA5AU Don's message about building a cw interface
instead of using the pk 232 for a keyer. Went to his web site found the
schematic (very simple 1 gen. purpose tran. i used a N3904 1 1k resistor) added
it to my computer interface box and walah perfect cw from write log with no
problems, for about 50 cents.The great thing about this is it uses the same com
port as my ptt interface just uses dtr pin for cw and rts for ptt, so can have
both on 1 comm port. In a world of ever decresing serial ports thats a good
thing. If anyone is interested in trying this it is at AA5AU RTTY PAGE under
fsk interface. Thanks again to Don and everyone else for all the help. 73 de
Kenny AB8XG