[WriteLog] Multi Keyer PTT Lines

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Multi Keyer PTT Lines
From: "Ken Claerbout" <k4zw@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 18:00:53 -0400
  I have what's probably a stupid question.  I'm going to revisit a problem I
had interfacing the PTT control from my W5XD Multi Keyer to a Ten Tec Orion.
My last attempt was shortly before a contest, in kind of a hurried state so I
may have overlooked something simple.  Should I expect to see a contact closure
coming from the PTT jack of the Multi-Keyer or is it a voltage level that needs
to be converted to a contact closure?  As I recall, I put an ohmmeter on the
cable and didn't see any closure when say I hit F1 (CQ).

   While I'm at it, I had to reverse the connection on my Bencher paddles into
the Multi Keyer as the dot/dash were reversed.  It's OK on my other keying
devices and an early kit version of the Multi Keyer.  Is there some setting to
reverse this rather than having to change the cable?  I couldn't find anything.

Thanks

Ken K4ZW