[WriteLog] ft1000mp frquency read out

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ft1000mp frquency read out
From: "robert beaudoin" <wa1fcn@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 13:58:44 -0600
Thanks to marsh ka5m, Hal n4gg, Barry w5gn for help on my ft1000mp
problem.  Well I am a long time user of writelog and was aware of your
sugestions, but I did double check what you said.  After another two hours
of trouble shooting with diferent computers and a ts870 I realized
what I had suspected in the begining but was really wishing was not true but
was.
The ft1000mp mark 5 lost it's CAT operation. No signal in or out the serial
port.
Not sure how it happenedm tho I discovered it day after severe electrical
storm.  This storm ruined my rotor control box.   After messing up both rigs
during storm last summer I developed habit of disconecting antennas after EVERY
USE OF RIG. I had antennas disconected this time also. So maybe this had
nothing to do CAT malfunction.  Everything else about rig and writelog work
fine so will
wait till after Alabama QSO Party in 2 weeks before sending rig back to
Yaesu.  73 Thanks again for help.