Re: [WriteLog] CQ WPX Cabrillo file

To: "'Gary AL9A'" <al9a@mtaonline.net>, "'Writelog Reflector'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CQ WPX Cabrillo file
From: "Rick Lindquist" <n1rl@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:03:22 -0400
It may also have been a bug in v 10.65C, which I'm still using. Several of
its pulldown menus for exporting into Cabrillo (still 2.0 for this version
of WL) were blank. When I checked the Cabrillo file WriteLog had created,
those fields weren't just blank, the info/data categories were missing
altogether! It didn't even create a "Start of Log" header!

I looked up the spec for Cabrillo 3.0 and manually created the proper header
for that version, and the robot accepted it first try.

The latest version of CT-Win on my old laptop did a great job with this;
were it not for the lack of an LPT port on my new machine, I'd still be
using CT-Win, which also sent reliable, error-free CW without having to
worry about CPU overload (WL definitely was not overloading my new laptop's
CPU; usage was never more than about 10%, but it glitched all the time,
unexpectedly, anyway, even after I'd shut down everything else running.

When using CT-Win, I also didn't have to buy extra hardware, and the
software itself was free - every ham's favorite price.

Ahh, for the "Good Ol' Days" - every ham's favorite place.

73, Rick, WW3DE (ex-N1RL)