Re: [WriteLog] Keyer Control Suggestion

To: Rick Tavan <rick@tavan.com>,WriteLog Reflector <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Keyer Control Suggestion
From: "Richard L. King" <k5na@ecpi.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:22:51 +0000
At 02:05 6/6/2008, Rick Tavan wrote:
>The K1EL Winkey and other products that embed it like microHAM MK2R
>allow both computer control of speed via the serial connection and
>manual control via a pot. This results in some funny scenarios as the
>two controls fight for supremacy. A very nice control option would be to
>let PgUp/PgDn control the speed at which Writelog sends CW messages and
>let the pot control the speed of paddle sending. Does this exist yet? If
>not, is there any interest?
>
>/Rick N6XI

Hi Rick.

I actually like the fact they are tied together in speed. But it
would be OK if it would be optional to have dual speed controls.

However if you run "PC Generates" instead of K1EL as your CW source
for the WriteLog sending, the speed control on the MK2R+ is
independent from the software. The result is exactly what you want to do.

However, that opens another can of worms with CW timing and sending
glitches. So I wouldn't suggest actually doing it.

This is how I ran before Wayne fixed the K1EL support in WL10.66.

Richard - K5NA