Re: [WriteLog] FT-857D CAT interface freq display bad with USB/Serial ad

To: w5xd@writelog.com, writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] FT-857D CAT interface freq display bad with USB/Serial adapte
From: Rich McAllister <rfm@pensfa.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 09:38:32 -0700
Wayne, W5XD wrote:

> If "n,8,1" doesn't work, then try "n,8,2".

As I mentioned in the original mail, I already tried fiddling with the
stop bits and speeds, and it didn't help.  I don't think changing away
from "n,8" would help, since the CAT data stream is defined as 8-bit
data with no parity; besides the results I'm seeing do show the frames
I'm getting are being deserialized right, it's just the entire first
frame is being missed.

I'm considering trying a PC Card serial interface next, but short-term
I'm just going to log band changes manually in my little Field Day
operation next week.  (I'll be using a Buddipole, so band changes are
going to be infrequent anyway.)

Rich, K6RFM