Re: [WriteLog] Memory HELP!

To: "'Thorvaldur Stefansson'" <otradalur@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Memory HELP!
From: "N3BM" <n3bm@finnsfield.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 12:53:08 -0400
Thor,

You're the man!  That fixed it.

Thank you for the help!

73,
Aubrey
____________________________
N3BM
PVRC - ARRL - FIST #11934

  _____

From: Thorvaldur Stefansson [mailto:otradalur@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 12:36 PM
To: N3BM

the SNT field is number 16.   you will see it work if you change the SNT
report to something other than 599 and send the memory containing the string
%F16

73
Thor, TF4M

2008/6/28 N3BM <n3bm@finnsfield.net>:

The Help File says that:
"The memories have the following special properties if there is a "%"
character followed by:

the letter F, followed by a digit n
The exchange field number n from the entry window is sent.  The numbering of
the exchange fields is left to right starting with one. If the name of the
field n is "SNT" then "599" is sent as "5NN"."

Assume that the "SNT" field is position 4, although it doesn't matter
because I've tried every number.  I put the following in the F2 position:
"%C %F4 %F4 N3BM".  The QSO entry window has the station's call sign "K4UDT"
a "SNT" signal report of "599" and a "RCV" report of "599".  When I hit the
F2 key the following is sent:  "K4UDT N3BM".  NO SIGNAL REPORT.  Can anyone
tell me what I'm doing wrong?

73,
Aubrey