[Yaesu] CAT Port Not Working

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] CAT Port Not Working
From: "Bob Lafont" <bob.lafont@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 20:30:29 -0500
I just rebuilt my pc from ground up.

Everything is working but I cannot figure out why I cannot get either my
FT1000mp MkV or FT847 CAT ports to communicate with the pc.

I am using a SIIG Cyberpro PCI comm port expansion card and the system board
comes with 1 comm port which gives me a total of 5 comm ports. This
configuration worked perfectly on the old system. The old system was taken
out because of a lightening strike to one of my antennas.

To test the new comm ports are working I used an old serial port mouse on
each port. All ports recognized the mouse.

Both radios CAT ports were connected to the old system which leads me to
think the radios CAT port may have failed when the lightening hit.

Is there anyway to test the radios CAT ports?

Also, I used the same Writelog.ini file which I had backed up on the new
system.

Thank you.

73 - Bob
WA2MNO