[WriteLog] Great Circle

To: <WriteLog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Great Circle
From: "N3BM" <n3bm@finnsfield.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 08:01:26 -0400
I clearly am missing something about setting up the Great Circle headings.

I've entered my lat and long numbers, set the precedence for the windows and
I get numbers.  However when compared to another programs headings, DXLab
for instance, the WriteLog numbers don't match and the nomenclature seems to
be wrong.

The long path and short path reading are reversed, the heading numbers
normally don't match and aren't even close, the distance is NEVER right
(6000+ miles from Washington, DC to Norfolk, VA), etc, etc.

I'm obviously doing something wrong.  Can anyone help?

73,
Aubrey
(aka Al)