Re: [WriteLog] Winkey USB CW keyer and WL?

To: writelog@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Winkey USB CW keyer and WL?
From: "Alan Maenchen" <ad6e@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 10:15:48 -0700
Jerry,

I'm using a laptop with WL and WinKey working just fine.  Here I'm running
V1067B .. I always keep one or two releases behind and let the others find
the bugs first.  :-)

Anyway, due to the USB dongle I use for rig control I've set the COM ports
to be 5, 6, 7, and 8.  The dongle comes up on COM5 and the WinKey comes up
on COM7 just naturally.

I set the following in writelog.ini

[PORTS]
CommSlot1=5
CommSlot2=6
CommSlot3=7
CommSlot4=8

It all seems to work fine .. and no more CW stuttering !!
I dont know if there is a limit for WL in terms of CommSlot=37 or
whatever...  I didn't have to face that issue.

73, Al  AD6E