Re: [WriteLog] Writelog under Linux Wine

To: Alan Marshall <acm@ultranet.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Writelog under Linux Wine
From: John Bastin <bastinj@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:44:45 -0500
On Dec 12, 2008, at 10:27 , Alan Marshall wrote:

> I tried to do this a couple of years back with FC6 (if I remember
> which
> version it was correctly).  I only got as far as having problems with
> finding files after the install.  It did work partially but never
> got as far
> as finding the com ports.

That's been my problem so far in Wine on Mac OS X, WriteLog installs
and seems to run but chokes on port selection. It may be a hardware
issue because I'm complicating the situation with no serial ports; I'm
using a Keyspan USB - Serial adapter that I've used in the past for
radio control with Macintosh logging software. I'm not sure the
Keyspan adapter is suitable for this application when I'm using a
Windows app in Wine; I'll have to do some research on USB - Serial
adapters that are known to work in Windows and explore further.

73,

John K8AJS
bastinj@gmail.com