[WriteLog] PSK Tuning & More

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PSK Tuning & More
From: "Bob-WB2COY" <wb2coy@hvc.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 19:22:06 -0500
Hi again,

To update what I have found regarding tuning PSK signals with WriteLog PSK
Control - I just discovered (by accident) that the Mouse Wheel can be used
to fine tune the signal, as it tunes the rig when it is moved up or down.
(This is not specifically mentioned in the help file, except as part of the
update history). There is also a writelog.ini parameter to choose the
increment used by each step on the mouse wheel (10 Hz default).

For anyone trying to get their rig working with WriteLog,  I am using an
Icom-756 Pro-III on a USB CI-V adapter. I had to put a parameter in the
writelog.ini file to set the correct address under [RIGS] using "Icom
IC-756PRO3=0x6e" , even though there is a selection in setup's 'Ports' for
the Pro-III. I also needed to add CommSlot4=5 to the [PORTS] section of
writelog.ini since my USB adapter came up as COM5 in device manager. Using
this setup, the frequency is automatically entered in the log, the band and
frequency can be changed from the computer keyboard, BandMap shows the rig's
frequency and scrolls as it is changed, and the rig's dial frequency can be
adjusted as stated above with the mouse wheel. I was able to use 19200 baud
for the USB to CI-V interface, so the rig responds pretty well.

Another thing that I 'discovered' while playing around with WriteLog, that I
don't see mentioned in the manual:

If you click the mouse inside either the Rttyrite or Log Entry  window and
not on the Title Bar of Rttyrite, when you press ALT-K, the 'Transmitting
from Keyboard' function is enabled. But, if you click on the Menu Bar of the
Rttyrite window first, the 'Type Ahead' function is enabled with ALT-K.

Have fun --

73, Bob - WB2COY

Visit Our Recent RV Travels Website:
http://home.roadrunner.com/~farrellsrv