Re: [WriteLog] CW stuttering & Windows

To: <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "Writelog" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] CW stuttering & Windows
From: "Gary AL9A" <al9a@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 17:09:23 -0900
Great idea Bill!  I used to do this before a contest under WinME, when I
could somewhat understand what I was turning off.  Now under Vista there is
so much crap loaded into memory it's impossible to determine what is
essential and what is fluff.  I think I will experiment a bit this week and
see what happens.  My first thought is to disable everything in both Startup
and Services, then reenable the anti-virus scan and firewall stuff.  I have
DSL, but will probably opt to leave that running for contests where I use
spotting.  Thanks for reminding me about msconfig.

73,
Gary AL9A