Re: [WriteLog] Help with Spotting Please

To: "Jerry Bliss" <jerry.bliss@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Help with Spotting Please
From: "Jim Reisert AD1C" <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:59:50 -0700
On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Jerry Bliss <jerry.bliss@gmail.com> wrote:

> Now having said all that and to put a fine point on it,  the rule does not
> mean that a Single-Op entry
> is prohibited from sending out spots;  rather that the Single-Op is
> prohibited from USING SPOTS to find stations for his own use.

That rule only applies only if the SO is submitting a log.  If you
don't intend to "compete", i..e submit a log, then you can use spots
as much as you want.  I imagine a lot of people are doing that this
year to catch states for the Triple Play award, they couldn't care
less about entering the contest by submitting a log.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/Ø, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us