[WriteLog] Soundcard question

To: "'Writelog List'" <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard question
From: "Ted Boerkamp" <tboerkamp@cogeco.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 20:00:23 -0500
Hello Everyone..I have recently installed a SB CT 4750 soundcard in my
computer

and I am hoping to be able to use it for a voice keyer through Writelog
using wavefiles.

My question is: If I connect my heil proset directly to the mic jack on the
soundcard,

and then feed the Line out back to the Patch-in on my 1000MP, does the card

somehow take care of switching the mic input from the card to the proset???

In other words, where does the switching take place between playing a
wavefile into

the radio mic input or talking into the heil proset???

The circuits I have seen do not show any type of relay switching, just an
audio transformer

and and some resistors to adjust the audio level going into the radio.

What am I missing here??

Any advice or experience with the same soundcard is welcome.

Thanks

73   Ted VE3SS