Re: [RTTY] Advise Please - Dayton Hamvention

To: Jerry Pixton <jpixton@shentel.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Advise Please - Dayton Hamvention
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 11:24:37 -0500
Here is information from Hamvention:

Parking Information

With thousands of vehicles coming to Hamvention, parking as always is a
concern.  Visitors are urged to obey all no parking signs and to avoid parking
on private property. Your vehicle may be ticketed and/or towed and you will
have to pay to retrieve it. There are several parking options.

Salem Mall

Free Parking:  Once again free parking will be available behind the Salem Mall
and is the easiest way to get to Hamvention. Located at the corner of  Shiloh
Springs Road and Salem Avenue, which is within 5 minutes of Hara Arena. It is
also known as Route 49.  Shuttle buses will be running to Hara Arena.  If you
did not purchase an advance bus pass, bus passes will be available at Salem
Mall.  Look for a small canopy in the parking lot.

The physical address of the mall (for GPS and mapquest users) is:

5200 Salem Ave, Dayton, OH

Handicapped Parking:  All handicapped parking arrangements had to be made in
advance. The handicapped parking is East of the Arena. Click here for more
information.

Paid Parking:  Hamvention has no paid parking available at the Arena, but paid
parking for $8 per day, will be available in the lots across from Hara Arena.
Hamvention has no control over that parking. It is also on grass lots so
weather conditions will determine how many spots are available. Some churches
and other businesses in the past have offered paid parking near Hamvention but
we have no information on whether any of those spots will be available this
year or what their cost might be.  The easiest choice is to park at Salem Mall
(see address above) and ride the bus to the Arena.

Need more info? See http://www.hamvention.org/travel.php

73 de Phil - N8PS